APPLICATION GUIDE FOR PROCESSING AND ISSUANCE OF NEW CID/SR CARD
A. Pre-application process
Bhutanese citizen/special resident registered in the Bhutan Civil Registration System (BCRS) and have completed 15 years of age. However, you need to adhere to the following procedures since you are reporting after 18 years of age.
- Obtain signatures of Gup/Thromde Representative/Thromde Tshogpa, DCRCO/TCRCO and Dzongdag/Executive Secretary as per the CID/SRC application form No. BCRS-CID/SRC-02 .
- One recent passport size photograph (in national dress and white background) and one legal stamp.
- Verification report of Gup and Tshogpa along with the CID/SR application form stating reasons for late reporting to process cards if you are reporting to process new CID/SR card upon completing 25 years of age.
- Hard copy available from service center/access points
The Department of Civil Registration and Census has designated priority counter for the persons living with disability. There is a wheelchair ramp built at the entrance of the office building.
Mobile Service available:
- Dzongkhag Civil Registration and Census Offices
- Thromde Civil Registration and Census Office
- DCRC Website
- Brochures and pamphlets available in the service counters
- Information available in the DCRC/Dzongkhag/Thromde websites
Dzongkhag Civil Registration and Census Office
Thimphu Dzongkhag Administration
Chogyel lam, Near Changlimithang ground
Contact # 02-321934
Thromde Civil Registration and Census Office
Gongzin lam Near 8 11 convenience store
contact # 02-332429
B. Application process
Step 1: A passport size photograph (in national dress) and one legal stamp
Step 2: Duly filled in CID/SR application form (BCRS-CID/SRC-02)
Step3: Obtain signature of the concerned Gup/Thromde Representative/Thromde Tshogpa on the duly filled CID/SR application form.
Step 4: Obtain signatures of concerned Dzongkhag/Throm Civil Registration Officer on the duly filled CID/SR application form
Step 5: Obtain signatures of the concerned Dzongdag/Executive Secretary on the duly filled CID/SR application form.
Step 1: Visit the nearest Civil Registration and Census Office. Submit the duly filled form and required documents to Civil Registration and Census Officials (CRCO).
Step 2: Your application will be reviewed and verified by Civil Registration and Census Officials.
Step 3: Take the verified application to the revenue counter and make payment of Nu. 100. You will be provided a revenue receipt.
Step 4: Take the verified application along with the revenue receipt to the CRCO who will update your details into the system and capture your biometrics and submit.
Step 5: SMS alert with Application Number will be sent to your mobile number.
Step 6: The application will be verified and approved in the system.
Step 7:The printer operator will download and process printing of CID/SR cards.
It takes two days to complete the 7 steps outlined above and to get your CID/SR card printed.
The CID/SR card is valid for 10 years.
Yes, card fee of Nu. 100 at the time of processing the card.
In cash at the designated revenue counter
C. Post- Application process
- Department of Civil Registration and Census, Head Office, Thimphu: You may collect it from counter number 7 in the DCRC head office, two days after the application has been submitted and your biometrics captured.
- Dzongkhag Civil Registration and Census Offices: You will be reached out by concerned Dzongkhag officials, who will be collecting cards from the Department of Civil Registration and Census, Head Office, Thimphu on a monthly basis.
- Thromde Civil Registration and Census Offices: You will be reached out by concerned Thromde officials, who will be collecting cards from the Department of Civil Registration and Census, Head Office, Thimphu on a monthly basis.
You can provide your feedback via the following platforms:
- ServE Tool link (open feedback)
- Eakasel link
- Toll free number, new division RCSC